Saturday 12th May 2012 – 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Anthony Hewitt – ‘Beethovan’
Open Air Piano Recital / Masterclass for Young Musicians / Contemporary Dance
Tout Quarry Sculpture Park and Nature Reserve overlooking Chesil Beach and Lyme Bay along the World Heritage Coast Site
The two performances by Anthony Hewitt www.anthonyhewitt.co.uk of classical piano music with contemporary dance from students at Royal Manor Arts College and masterclass for young people is one of 26 recitals that form part of an epic cycle ride from the 9th to 29th May from Lands End to John O’Groats.
Throughout the 1,200 miles Anthony’s recitals are in support of charities that are involved in: music education and therapies; music making for disadvantaged children in developing countries; young people with cancer; participation in sport for disabled children and young people, and support for young people with Autism and Asperger’s syndrome.
For information on Anthony click here
For ‘BeethoVAN’ Poster click here (awaiting upload)
Selected pieces from the BethoVAN Programme below will be performed alongside contemporary dance.
- Janacek – Sonata 1:X: 1905 ‘From the Street’ 1st Movement
- BeethoVAN – Sonata in C Sharp Minor, Opus 13 ‘Pathetique’
- Debussy – Claire de Lune
- Schubert – Impromptu in E Flat, Opus 90 No.2
- Chopin – Fantasie-Impromptu, Opus 66
- Chopin – Polonaise in A Flat, Opus 53 ‘Heroic’
- Rachmaninoff – Prelude in G Minor, Opus 23 No.4
- Liszt – Hungarian Rhapsody No.2
- Ravel – Ondine
- Debussy – Cathedrale Engloutie
- Chopin – Barcarolle
- 2.00pm – Performance in Tout Quarry on ‘BeethoVAN’ with contemporary dance from students of the Royal Manor Arts College
- 2.30pm – 3.30pm moving BeethoVAN to clifftop (meet Anthony Hewitt at Drill Hall with film taken en-route)
- 3.30pm – Performance on clifftop overlooking Chesil Beach with contemporary dance from students of the Royal Manor Arts College. Masterclass for young pianists.
- 5.00pm – Anthony starts the long ride to Newbury!!
- 5.15pm – For those who want to stay on there will be an Interpretation Walk of Tout Quarry Sculpture Park – where Art & Environment meet.
- Parking – Tout Quarry at Tradecroft entrance. New Ground behind Heights Hotel, Portland.
- If you need to arrange Disabled Access to Tout Quarry by vehicle for the event, please Contact Us.